Over the last few years my world has changed, and I owe the sport of wrestling a deep gratitude for keeping my world together when it was being torn up and blown apart.
I have personally seen the positive impact this sport can have on a person, and their life.
And by extension – their families lives.
This sport has taught me how to believe in myself, how to work hard, how to endure pain, how to give all of myself to a cause.
Most importantly, it has taught me –
How to fight.
When you are a member of the “Life Changing Events Club” you develop a better perception on life and what matters.
It’s your reward for the injustice you have endured.
My reward has introduced me to many great people I would never have otherwise met.
I have learned about so many people’s lives.
And their circumstances.
There are so many young athletes whose stories would break your heart.
I don’t want my heart to break, I want to help mend theirs.
In this sport, we all may be competitors, but we are also a close knit family.
I am looking to start a program called “Wrestling with Life”, where I and anyone who would like to help, commit to improve the quality of young athlete’s live’s.
Young athletes who are facing a much bigger opponent – life.
I want to teach them to believe in themselves, to work hard, to endure pain.
The best way that I know how.
They say the way you make the world a better place is that you make an impact one life at a time.
That is what I would like to do.
Yesterday, I got to know a young man who indicated to me that he would like to ‘just win one match in his high school wrestling career.”
To you and I, that statement sounds like an underachiever – but if you knew his circumstances you would understand how insurmountable “just one win” seems to him right now.
In my first “Wrestling with Life” project I would like to build a support system so this young man achieves two things:
1.) His goal of getting his hand raised, and
2.) I would like to prove to him how much more he is capable of accomplishing.
I would like to semi-clear his path so he is able to wrestle for one year.
I would like to engrain wrestling so deep in his being that he eventually wins his fight with life.
I am calling it “Project Awakening”.
If you would like to join me, I am currently raising one thousand dollars, where every dollar raised will be invested in “Awakening” this young man up to his true potential.
I thank you in advance for your support.
8 Ways That You Can Help Support
Wrestling with Life’s “Project Awakenings”
1. Donate Here – You decide the amount. If we each can do a little, it will mean a lot.
2. Share on Social Media – Below are links to all social media platforms, or use the shortlink http://wp.me/P6YLbi-Ui
3. Tag your friends in the share who you feel would like to help or get involved.
4. Write a letter of encouragement to this young man, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will forward it to him.
5. Share your story with him – send it to email@example.com
6. Leave a positive comment or message for him – below.
7. Start a “Project Awakenings” in your world – Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know the details or if you need help.
8. Flame the human spirit in your own life, whenever you can.